FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Baggage storage @ Penn Station
View Single Post
Old Oct 29, 2011, 1:38 am
tmac100

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"As I mentioned before, the Neon Greyhound bus menu (both .ca and .com versions) show New York Penn STA. Nothing else = as in no PA"

When I click on the Neon link from the Greyhound page, the drop-down menu has two listings for New York: "New York," and "New York Penn STA." From which stop is your ticket valid?

The Amtrak Baggage Service office offers temporary baggage checking at the rate of $4.50/bag/day, but might require you to present an Amtrak or NJ Transit train ticket to use the service. If your bus ticket is only valid from the Neon Penn Station pick-up point, I would try to check the bag with Amtrak. If the clerk insists on a train ticket, ask if an NJ Transit rail ticket is acceptable. The cheapest adult-fare NJ Transit rail ticket is one to "Secaucus Junction," which I believe costs $4.25; a senior citizen/disabled ticket should cost about half that. NJ Transit one-way rail tickets are non-refundable, but they never expire.
Yes, you do mention both listings BUT, no PA.

Thanks for the Amtrack temporary baggage check in suggestion. Do you know when they will be closed on Dec 31st and when they open on Jan 1st? A link, perhaps? Your NJ transit ticket for $4.25 would solve the "ticket" issue nicely. Thanks ^

Last edited by tmac100; Oct 29, 2011 at 1:44 am