FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - You can't count on a wake up call
View Single Post
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:11 pm
Kagehitokiri
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by henrikfromdenmark
This morning I reached 200 hotels where I've ordered a wake up call. 9 [4.5%] have missed my wake up call with more than 15 minutes and 3 [1.5%] didn't even call.

Oberoi Amarvilas...no call [+2 others]
good statistics. how much more than 15 minutes?

Originally Posted by nba1017
If housekeeping knocks or calls my room during this time period and I have the DND out, I speak to a manager and point blank tell him or her I will not be paying the night's rate.
seems to me wakeup calls could be a similar issue, although not as serious, because its about doing something, rather than not doing something.

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Hotel de Paris in Monte Carlo...

I confirmed several times that they would give me a wakeup call, as I needed to catch a flight the next morning. When I finally woke up (on my own volition) it was almost 2 hours after the scheduled wake-up call should have come. Not only did they FAIL to call me, but when my driver arrived and insisted several times that they call up to the room and inform me that he was there, the hotel REFUSED to ring my room. I threw my belongings into my suitcase, ran down stairs and thankfully checked my bill. They had attempted to tack on a 3,500 euro dinner at Louis XV (which I didn't visit on this stay), hoping i'm sure that in my haste to rush to NCE I wouldn't notice.
refusing to ring the room? and that kind of fake charge? seems to have rapidly compounded into pretty serious issue.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 8, 2017 at 12:45 pm