FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - You can't count on a wake up call
View Single Post
Old Oct 27, 2011, 12:49 pm
henrikfromdenmark

Originally Posted by Maluku_Flyer
I'm a bit paranoid about wake-up calls when I have to catch a flight. So I always set my own alarm clock as well. But in all honesty, I can't remember the last time that a hotel wake-up call didn't work.
My statistic says they will do 95.5% of the time so there will be a lot of people here who might always have recieved a wake up call. The problem is many people count on it. - In general a lot of people think the luxury hotel industry is perfect or close to perfection. Mistake happens everyday. Lots of mistakes. In the very best hotels. It's "kind-of" my job to find these mistakes and another statistic could be the milk in the breakfast buffet. How many times is it actually comfortable cold. Or when can a room really be considered clean. Anyway, i'm looking forward to hear more comments from people regarding wake up calls. I think this is a very interesting topic, especially because the ones that have really missed my wake up calls have been some of the very bests hotels.

The other comment says Hotel de Paris in Monaco, which can be considered in that category as well.