FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A present. Driving directions to the Howard Beach Air Train station
Old Oct 26, 2011, 8:01 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by iahphx
Thanks for the report, craz. I suspect your experience will be repeated by the vast majority of long term parkers.

The "problem," of course, is the parking risk isn't zero on the street. I see it kind of as a self-insurance program. You just saved yourself almost $200 in parking fees by parking on the street. Probably worth it. And parking for longer periods of time saves materially more money, even if it slightly increases the risk.
thats how I view it as well. I always saw it no different then parking in front of my own home, I do get a bit ticked when I pull up and there are cars parked blocking the path to the house when they could have simply have parked a few feet away and left me the access

Thats why when I park at HB I do my darnest to make sure that if theres a car blocking the direct path to the persons house its Not my car, I feel if I give them some couresty they will respond in kind and so far after 10s of times parking there TG no damages to the car nor tkts.