FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at LIH
Thread: Cars at LIH
View Single Post
Old Oct 25, 2011, 4:02 pm
partsman_ba

Rented there on 10/8. Here's the key thing, I found - join EC. I reserved Midsize way back in July and never got a better rate any other time I tried, but also put down a 2PM pickup. I called to let them know I would be late and they said, "Oh, I see you are Emerald Club - no problem! We hold your reservation for 24 hours." Got to the airport, grabbed the shuttle, told the driver we needed the Aisle area. He radioed ahead to let the lot people know that we were coming. The woman running the lot said, "We don't have any midsize cars, so just choose anything you want." The lot is probably 40-50 stalls (mostly empty this late,) and the Aisle is 4 parking spots. Aisle had a Nitro, a Town Car and an Avenger with 3K on it that we took. The rest of the lot had several minivans, the Dodge 4dr pickups mentioned by bigislandjeff (and a Chevy as well), a Wrangler, a small Mazda (3?), a Charger that had over 30K and a Sebring that they were holding for a Convertible reservation. Had I known that my wife was going to have me drive down 1) several dirt roads at Koke'e to see private cabins she spent summertimes in as a child and 2) the hardpan dirt road to Maha'ulepu Beach for dinner at a family friiends' beach cabin, I would have insisted on the Jeep. Oh well, hope the catalytic converter is OK on the Avenger! Put over 800 miles on it. Oh yeah, stopped by the lot after a week because we had no more washer fluid, and saw either a Malibu or Impala and a 300 at the EA.