FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Grand Hotel, Frankfurt, Germany, post 2007 renovation [Master Thread]
Old Oct 23, 2011, 9:48 pm
Uh Clem

Programs: Marriott titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AS, UA, AA, TWA, PAN AM, PSA
Originally Posted by AK-business-traveler
I'm at the Westin right now and wanted to post an update. I booked a Deluxe room and asked at check-in about upgrading to either a Grand Deluxe or Club room. The front desk clerk told me that an upgrade would be 4,500 points.

I asked if that was always the case, since I had inquired online and been told that it would be 1,500 points by an SPG rep (I didn't go into the whole song and dance about Flyertalk and Starwood Lurker), and she assured me that it was. She then produced a flyer with a listing of instant awards for the hotel, which lists the following costs:
I booked three nights at this hotel next month using points for a Classic room. I was able to call the Starwood line and upgrade to a Club room for an additional 1,500 points per night. Maybe you have to reserve in advance to get the 1,500 rate.