FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Grand Taipei, Taiwan [Master Thread]
Old Oct 23, 2011, 3:44 am
Condition One

Programs: Free Agent
Finishing up a stay here. A very solid property. A few days prior to checking in, I saw that I was upgraded to a Diplomatic Suite. It's a solid room. Airport transfers are 2400TWD each way, and the cars have WiFi! Hotel is located right next to Shandao Temple station on the Blue Line.

Breakfast in the lounge is decent, but can't beat the selection downstairs. There's an egg station there too, which is nice. When checking in, I was told that I could eat in the restaurant, but was asked to eat in the Club. As I have a somewhat early flight tomorrow, I'm going to eat in the restaurant (which opens at 6:30am), compared to the lounge (7am).

Afternoon snacks from 2-4pm consist of small desserts, sodas, and spring rolls. Very minor. Hot food is available from 5:30-7:30pm and is pretty much like a buffet restaurant with at least a dozen different types of food. I've actually been eating dinner there every night. It's that substantial. There's only two small desserts though, but it gave me an excuse to venture out in search of Mango Ice afterwards.

The gym opens at 6am. If you're an early person like I am, beware that they may not turn on their AC until opening time. When I got there at opening time, the gym was a balmy 73F with 75% humidity! I might have had a more comfortable run outside!

All the staff I've interacted with speak excellent English. A bit frustrating, because I'm trying to practice my Chinese and the second I mispronounce something or stumble over a word, they immediately switch to English