FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]
Old Oct 23, 2011, 3:03 am
Hamurabi2008

Upgrade from C to F in A380 on miles?

Hi!

In March 2012 I will be on a LH A380 from PEK to FRA. The ticket is in J. My status with LH is FTL and my LH FF# is associated with the booking.

The upgrade award chart clearly indicates that no upgrade from C to F is possible on an A380. Nevertheless, when I called the FTL call-center the other day on another topic I checked if they were able to provide an upgrade from C to F on that flight. The agent indicated that I could be 'waitlisted' in the system and then a computer might grant the upgrade to me - or not.

Given that I'm approx 20k shy of the amount required to request this 'waitlist' option I am wondering if this is a real option of if the information provided by the agent is incorrect?

If the information is correct and this is a real option I would clearly make an effort to move some hotel points into LH M&M and request this waitlisted upgrade option sooner rather than later.
(fully knowing that there is still a chance that this might not work and I would have wasted some hotel points)

Any experience with this? I tried a few searches but failed to locate anything meaningful. Many thanks!

Ham