FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 22, 2011, 7:37 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by geaux_tigers
Just had a nice weekend stay and was updraded (for free) to a suite -- assuming Ambassador. Nice layout, comfortable room, and great rates on the weekend ($90 or so). Would definitely stay there again, although the walk to the metro is definitely not something I'd want to do in the rain/snow.
This hotel is one of the better ones for Diamond upgrades. Upgrades to Ambassador Suites are frequent, especially on weekends.

They have a shuttle bus that goes to/from the Crystal City metro stop and they also go to/from the National Airport which has a metro stop there too. When there's undesirable weather, it may be nicer to use the airport metro stop at least to get picked up for return to the hotel. On leaving from the hotel to take the metro, the Crystal City metro stop may be considered better because it's underground and doesn't have exposure to outdoor weather elements the way the DCA metro stop does.

If needing a cab, I just call up one of the major Arlington taxi companies. They are pretty reliable with timings and will call me on my phone when they reach the hotel or are about to. Otherwise the hotel can sometimes be too busy (even on weekends) with convention-like groups to count on a taxi from the hotel not being taken by someone else.