FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International to Domestic transfer: HYD or MAA?
Old Oct 21, 2011, 9:06 am
aktchi

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Appreciate all the responses.

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
[BOM 2 hr 50 min connection] is quite do-able if you want to get to BHO a few hours earlier.
If the transfer is do-able, I might prefer this. I was just concerned about the domestic terminal being several miles away. Although traffic would not be an issue, there may be flight delay or long lines at immigration. More like fear of unknown as I mostly transfer at DEL and am not familiar with BOM.

Glad to hear everyone's advice that HYD is to be preferred to MAA.

Originally Posted by jetche2004
...HYD...Once you exit, you may want to proceed to the Novotel (just a few blocks away) and maybe grab a breakfast buffet there, before returning to check-in for your BHO flight.
Thanks. This will work in many ways: After about 30 hours of economy class food, and no better prospects in the domestic flt "operated by Jet Konnect", I'll be ready for one good meal. This will also help pass time which, thanks to the 7 hour connection, I'll have a lot of.

BTW, I looked into Business Class (award with AA miles), but those seats are not open in early December for any airline any connection from ORD to India. I realize this is short notice but I didn't think early December was such a popular travel time. Later, 3rd week which I thought is busier, would have been available.