FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International to Domestic transfer: HYD or MAA?
Old Oct 20, 2011, 9:27 pm
PVDtoDEL

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by aktchi
I am traveling from ORD-AUH-India by Etihad. Once there I need to make a domestic connection to some 9W flight to Bhopal. Options seem to be as follows:

1. DEL. Arrive 10:30PM, depart next day 2:20PM, about 11 hour connection. Scratch that?

2. BOM. Arrive 3AM, depart 550AM, less than 3 hour connection. Probably not a good choice? I understand that terminals are far apart although traffic at that time should not be an issue.

3. HYD. Arrive 3AM, depart 10AM (7 hour connection). Any suggestions what to do at the airport?

4. MAA. Arrive 4AM depart 8:30 AM (4.5 hr connection).

Which of these options would be best in your opinion? Just based on numbers, I am leaning towards MAA, but don't know MAA or HYD and wonder if the latter, being a more modern airport, might be a better choice.

BTW, options 3 and 4 take me to BHO at the same time by the same flight (starts in MAA and makes a stop in HYD). Only difference is time spent in flights and airports, and which airport.
Both airports are rather boring, but I'd suggest HYD - the airport is modern, and it's not hard to find seating that is infinitely more comfortable than sitting in an economy seat...