FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New One-Way Flex Award / Awards, <NO> Stopover Rule, and Booking Engine (May 9, 2009)
Old Oct 20, 2011, 2:45 pm
BrewerSEA

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by mmjaysee
Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of MPM. How do you calculate MPM for a specific route?
AA requires that a fare published by the overwater carrier exists origin to destination, and that the chosen routing is permitted by that fare. Fares can restrict routing to specific sequences of airports (e.g. SEA-JFK must be nonstop or connect in ORD or DFW) or can state a maximum permitted mileage. The vast majority of intercontinental fares on AA partners (actually every one I've ever seen) are mileage based, and with mileage based fares AA allows you to exceed MPM by 25% on Partner Awards. There are a number of websites to find fares (and the associated MPM). I use Expert Flyer, a paid service, but there may be free options that I am unfamiliar with.

The issue with many Caribbean/Mexican destinations is that CX does not publish a fare HKG-Destination. There may be some options, but the only one I found right away is MEX (Mexico City).