FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Consolidated "Is United 1K Status Worth It?" Thread [2010-12 Posts]
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:30 pm
DrDesmo

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
89k For The Year - 1K worth a MR?

'Evening everyone!

Long time lurker, first time (well, almost) poster

I'm based out of DEN, and have a monthly BOS trip, a monthly SFO trip, and a smattering of other travel - I was originally planning on ending the year around 50-60k, but just found out work is sending me to HKG and LHR for some work-related fun. ^

Now then, with those two trips, I'm ending up at 89k for the year (note: I'm at around 50k at the moment).

The million dollar question: is it worth figuring out a MR on my personal dime / time to hit 1K? Next year will likely bring up some other international travel as part of a new position, but I'm concerned about the number of elites flying out of DEN - the waitlist is usually about 60+ people coming out of DEN/SFO/BOS, and I have read a lot of conflicting info around SWU's clearing, etc.

Personally, for all the complaining about how much "UA Sucks!" from my friends that fly WN, I have had nothing but a year of awesome flights and service since I switched in March.

So... Recommendations? 11K to go

Cheers,
Adam

Edit: I got consolidated into the big-ol-thread! Sweet

Last edited by DrDesmo; Oct 18, 2011 at 10:42 pm