FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Archived] TSA Pre-Check / PreCheck Known Traveler program for AA FFs
Old Oct 18, 2011, 5:44 am
sharklover

Programs: AA PLT 2mm SPG Gold HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cyncyn129
MIA is my home airport & I flew twice in the past week and a half (Friday, 10/7 @ 6 p.m. & Wednesday, 10/12 @ 10 a.m.)

Both times I printed out my boarding pass at the airport. I went to the security lines at the gate entrance closest to First Class (also had a "Trusted Travler" sign) & used the priority access line. Once at the front of the line, I gave the TSA agent my boarding pass and Global Entry card. He scanned the boarding pass & pointed me towards the regular line.

Both times I asked the agent "don't I get to use that line" *pointing to the Trusted Traveler security line* Both agents said "no" and that selection for *that* line is completely random. They both said that the scanning of the boarding pass tells them if I can use that line.

Just some data points...

I received the original e-mail from AA about the program & I registered. My "secure flight information" lists both my Customs ID # and the green check mark by "known passenger"

Guess when I rolled the dice at MIA I hit a 2, 3 or 13 TWICE! Crapped out!
It failed me too in MIA. I also got invite and registered.