FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Archived] TSA Pre-Check / PreCheck Known Traveler program for AA FFs
Old Oct 18, 2011, 5:26 am
diaspora04

Programs: AA EXP 2MM HHonors Diamond
I just went through security at MIA and successfully used the trusted traveler lane. Here are a few observations:

1. The boarding pass must be coded with your trusted traveler number -- but the number is contained (or brought up upon scan) in the barcode and NOT anywhere on the boarding pass in arabic numberals.

2. According to the TSA, not all boarding passes contain the correct information even for eligible trusted travelers. The best bet is a kiosk. Apparently, printing from home and even boarding passes issued by the ticketing desk either omit the necessary information or cannot be read at this time. Accordingly, if you are in the trusted traveler program and want to use the expedited security screening, GET YOUR BOARDING PASS FROM A KIOSK.

2. The priority lane entrance is a bit confusing and apart from mentioning "trusted traveler" and being directed a short ways AWAY from the regular elite line, there is no sign. Ask the ticket checker. If you suspect that you were misdirected (i.e., there is any sort of line in front of you), ask a gain.

3. I mentioned that I was in the trusted traveler program to the TSA ID checker and she said "we'll see." As soon as she scanned by boarding pass barcode, she smiled and confirmed that I was indeed eligible to use the trusted traveler lane.

4. The trusted traveler lane (far right lane) was vacant and roped off, but the TSA opened it for me.

5. All I had to do was remove my cell phone and put it with my bags through the X-ray machine. For the first time in years, I left on my shoes and blazer through the metal detector. I also did not have remove my lap top. The whole thing took about 15 seconds.