FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Looking for beta testers participating in the GS promo (UPDATE: Program NOW LIVE)
Old Oct 16, 2011, 12:13 am
vysean

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Looking for beta testers participating in the GS promo (UPDATE: Program NOW LIVE)

Hi GSers - I've put together a website that allows you to manage your GS plan online and need a few FTers to put it through its paces. Would you be interested?

Why a website?
Because I was running into problems managing accounts for myself and my family with a spreadsheet on my office computer, on my laptop, and on my home computer. Often times whatever version I was using wasn't the latest. More than that, the website allows for data sharing amongst all users, so you can quickly see which hits are cheapest, fastest to post, etc.

What features would I find useful?
  • You create one account, but can manage multiple "scorecards" - e.g. one for you, one for your spouse, one for each of your kids/parents, etc.
  • Ability to share links to scorecards - so while you do the data entry, you can have someone else take a look at it (including hit selection, dates, costs, etc.) You could share the link here to ask for critiques, share it with friends, etc. You can change the link on demand or disable sharing at any time.
  • Ability to "tag" hits/partners - "Cheap", "Slow to Credit", "Quick to Complete", etc. A quick way for the community to see what to use and what to avoid.
  • Ability to sort all partners/hits by various criteria, like max hits, average cost, tags (see above), etc.
  • Currency conversion - enter your costs in your preferred currency and view others' costs in your preferred currency.
  • Warnings/Notifications - Maybe you planned for 32 hits but only have 31. Maybe you're late getting into this and have chosen a partner that will post with a "foul ball" activity date. The system also keeps track of how many hits you can have with a particular partner or within a particular category and will warn if you've planned too many.
  • I'm open to adding any other features anyone would find useful.

A couple of disclaimers:
The site is of course free to everyone, and will be open to everyone hopefully by Tuesday (after some quick beta testing is completed).

There is no warranty of any kind nor any guarantee of performance. It's free. It might not work properly. I certainly hope it will and am working to fix any issues, but things rarely work out the way you expect them to...

The site is not intended in any way to detract from FT or this sub-forum - it's only intended to augment/support it. It's supposed to be a dynamic resource that you could go to and quickly see the average/min/max posting times for a partner or the average/min/max costs for a hit. My hope is that it encourages more people to participate (both on FT and in the promo) and to do so more efficiently.

Registration requires you to provide an email address and a password. The password is encrypted, and no personally-identifiable information is recorded (no name, no account numbers, etc.). If the site is hacked, your (encrypted) password could be up for grabs, so pick something that you don't use for anything else (always a good idea).

So would anyone like to give it a go? If so, please PM me and let me know (or post here and I'll PM in the morning when it's ready to test). Have a question? Think this is a dumb idea? Please post here.

Thanks for reading!

Sean