FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Miles&Smiles
Thread: Miles&Smiles
View Single Post
Old Oct 14, 2011, 11:52 pm
spycygrl

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Additional question

We flew LAX - ORD - IST RT for our honeymoon via Turkish Air (booked via Turkish Air website). The U.S. legs were on United and we added our Mileage Plus numbers to the reservations. We received Mileage Plus credit for all legs (including ORD -> IST) at full value. Still waiting for the credit for IST -> ORD. I have requested that online via Mileage Plus website.

However, while in Turkey, we flew several domestic TA flights (SAW -> DLM and BXN -> IST). The first was on Andalou (sp?), but booked via TA website. Anyway, when I try to claim United Mileage Plus miles for the domestic flights, I get an error message that says these flight don't qualify.

Is the answer that I need to sign up for Miles & Smiles, request the retroactive credit for the 2 domestic Turkish flights and then, because TA is Star Alliance, I can still use these miles for an SA flight in the future? I have juice on United which is why I prefer all my miles to be on that account, but sounds like I can't get those for the domestic TA flights.

Any advice is appreciated!

Last edited by spycygrl; Oct 14, 2011 at 11:53 pm Reason: Misspelling