FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:58 pm
RTWSTARALLIANCE

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Free hand notes.

Much has been written so I will update with what I had ?s on.

Upon arrival look for the signs at YVR for the Canada Line. I used the machine to purchase my ticket as the info agent told me it was a 10 minute walk the the domestic terminal and 7 Eleven. To reach the Hyatt without taking a connection you will stop at Vancouver City Centre. When you exit the way out break a hard left and walk towards Burrard Street. You will see the Hyatt on your right next to a RBC building.

The staff is really friendly esp in the Lounge. Offering up information and a discount coupon for the Hop On Hop Off. But I am going to walk around and take the public transportation. My room was blocked with a "do not move" so I accepted what I was given. Not a bad room but someone needs to order more flat panels to fill the wall.

I called down asking for a later check-out and was advised my key had already been coded for 2 PM but if I wanted later no problem. Just have to stop by the front desk. The girls in the Lounge- Kay and Alison introduced themselves and had already left a couple bottles of water in my room. They are a happy bunch.

Less than $20 CDN out of pocket so far plus lunch. After my Canada Line ride from YVR. Walked down Burrard towards the Water. Decided that I would like to take the water shuttle to North Vancouver. A 90 minute zone 2 ticket was $3.75. While down near Canada Place had a nice lunch on the water at Mahony & Son. That was less than $24 on my credit card. Walked into Old Town and Chinatown. Not really that exciting. Old Town in Sacramento is better and Chinatown in San Francisco is much better. On the way back stopped at Jugo Juice which set me back a little more than $6. I've had a nice time walking around and will come up with something interesting for tomorrow.

The Club has cookies out and the frig is open. Sodas and bottled waters.

I would say the Lounge evening offer was sparse aka light. Cheese, cracker board, veggies, salmon on toast so forth. A little DO plus one later seeing a local FTer. I was wondering why people were coming to the Lounge with their PCs to Skype. I've had ok internet speed but not downloading anything.

Last night the fire alarm sounded in the entire hotel. The hotel has no idea what caused them to sound. Apology letter this morning under door.

As noted before the in ceiling shower head is a joke. The tub has such good pressure but the ceiling system has greatly reduced pressure. Hard to feel totally rinsed using that.

The Mosaic buffet breakfast was marginal. The food was starting to be over-cooked being out on the buffet line for so long. The "Asian" offerings were very limited and the white rice was over cooked also. At $20 plus better to try Tim Horton's next door.

These last three items make the stay common.

Last edited by RTWSTARALLIANCE; Oct 15, 2011 at 11:29 am