FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Forum activity statistics
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2011, 2:30 pm
tcook052
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by lo2e
I agree with both of you to a certain extent. Yes, it seems like the most popular (only?) way to get there for the average tourist looking for a unique vacation is by cruise, but I don't think the Cruises forum would be my first hunch either, as the Cruises forum would seem to be talking more about the journey and less about the destination (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I'll admit that I've never so much as step foot in the Cruises forum). Whereas the Antarctica forum is what to do/see/eat when you're actually there, not on the boat ride.
While naturally the topics in the cruise forum focus on the ships themselves there are often others about the ports of call and destinations.

For that matter the Europe rail forum doesn't just focus on trains and nothing else but also takes in the wider scope of travelling by train and destinations, sights, etc and in the same way I think the cruise forum would be the most appropriate alternate forum for Antartica topis since that's the mode of transportation almost everyone uses to visit that continent.

Maybe it would be your second hunch were such a consolidation to be made.