FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Room Reward only at certain properties - Major Devaluation of HH points
Old Oct 13, 2011, 9:09 am
LarkSFO

Any list yet?

Originally Posted by divemistressofthedark
**EDIT** Apparently one of the mods thought this issue didn't need its own thread listing properties where the hijinx are going on, and merged my attempt into this thread. Just thought it might be nice to be able to pull that out from all the commentary. Whatever. Carry on. Guess I'll just leave this as-is.***

Folks, unfortunately Hilton has pulled a fast one with the rollout of this new "Premium Room" HHonors points booking they're claiming is going to be so great.

Long story short, many properties now only list premium rooms at hugely inflated rates (think 150,000 points per night) with no standard rates available at all.

Read here to get caught up:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...only-scam.html

Then list any hotel you find that's listing all the standard rooms as unavailable with only these exorbitant premium rates listed. Please also add what dates you tried, whether you called the hotel to ask questions, and any other relevant info. Right now the problem appears to be isolated to resort properties but is expected to metastasize.

(We're still trying to figure out what this is going to do to AXON and GLONP but it won't be pretty, I'm afraid.)

Oh, and - this is now official policy. From an email listed in the linked thread and received by FTer jasonvr:
I think divemistress's idea is right on: Which hotels are effected by this change?

Is it only a handful of premium properties? I think this is important to know...

Regardless, this is still an incredible devaluation by HHonors, and it is shameful that they make such a drastic change without even communicating it to their customers / elites. What are you thinking Hilton?