FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will Hawaiian Airlines Honor Delta Silver or United Premier Status?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 6:03 am
ByrdluvsAWACO

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Cool

Originally Posted by DCF
But that is a silly comparison as most European full service flights are sectors which are less than two hours in length. Like flights within California or Florida!
So now you want to introduce sector length as a parameter of discussion? Then explain my PHX flights to LAX, SFO, SAN, DFW(I could go on & on) that are all 1 to 2 hour flights and yet still have a better premium cabin than the Y seats many Euro carriers try to pass off as a premium product.

On top of that, many regional jets are being installed with F seats. Show me one EU carrier with a F seat on a CRJ?

Originally Posted by DCF
Australia and South Africa are much more comparable in size. And Business Class is far higher quality than domestic First in the USA. (And Qantas and SAA coach have a soft product which is the equal of First Class in the USA).

What does the size of the continent have to do with anything? There are plenty of short segment flights in the US. Not every flight is transcontinental? BTW, Africa is a continent not a country, so flights over an hour in some regions would be considered international.

Your argument is all over the place. Comparing countries to continents and domestic F to international J is the proverbial apples to oranges.