FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Louis City Center Sheraton [Master Thread]
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:08 pm
Phipps

Programs: AA Airpass, UA 1P, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Another FT'er used that word and my first reaction was ghetto, but disgusting and sloppy would be the words ID use to sum the place up. Never again.

Had to go back to desk after walking into a dark, carpet stained, tube tv, circa 1977 decor atrium room. Somehow in the time I had gone up and down to that room a suite had "just become available" that suite wasn't much better: living room couch sank and there were no windows. Only window was in the bedroom.

Also:
No wifi in the guest rooms, only Ethernet
Lounge closed, given cert for bar, which was out of everything the coupon was good for. Yet others were eating. Not offered any alternative. Strange.
Sloppy housekeeping: no soap whatsoever, someones dry cleaner hangers were in the closet
No safe
Gym equipment was circa 1984
Club lounge was open 24/7 with a fridge to grab water and juice ^
Metro right across the street ^
Totally agree - this hotel is terrible. I stayed here last week and it's really a disservice to the Sheraton brand.

1. I've never seen cardio equipment this old in a gym
2. Linens are old and beat up; when the chain switched to longer pillows the hotel didn't adjust linens. Consequently about 30% of each pillow falls out of the pillow case ... nice and clean!
3. Rooms are extremely dark and dreary
4. I had the pleasure of staying in a room on the highway side - extremely loud road noise and the windows would start shaking/vibrating

All told this hotel is awful. I had booked a few weeks here while the Westin was sold out; I've since cancelled those stays and am at the Hyatt this week.