FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Room Reward only at certain properties - Major Devaluation of HH points
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:55 am
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by jasonvr
And I got a response, and I am summarily done with Hilton:

Bolding is mine. I will write back one final email telling them I am done with loyalty to Hilton. I will also inquire as to whether they believe they are violating truth in advertising laws by still advertising the FP hotels as Cat 7 when that no longer is true.
Thanks for sharing this news, as lousy as it is. I have to confess, as this change was emerging over the past several months I thought it just might be a software or systems glitch that was accounting for the astronomical points charges. So much for my naivete.

Originally Posted by holtju2
That is utter BS. A huge devaluation of the programs and they don't utter a word in advance?
Originally Posted by Mora
Wow sneaking a devaluation like this into the program seriously is bad marketing. I wonder if they'll strech this to some of the Walldorfs in NYC or Rome.
Couldn't agree more. HH certainly isn't the first hotel chain (or airline) to devalue its program. And some that do so try to put lipstick on a pig in announcing the changes. But to do such a major change in such a sneaky way seems unprecedented, at least in my limited experience.