FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow - Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2011, 3:28 am
Globaliser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by serfty
If it was a BA flight number on BA metalthen something is wrong somewhere and I would be complaining to the Qantas Club management.
The only other thing I can think of, given the OP's generic reference to "the BA lounge", is that the OP was trying to get access to the Concorde Room when not flying First, or to the Galleries First lounge in the South lounge complex. IIRC, Qantas Club access is only to Galleries Club lounges.

That might explain the reference to a laminated card, which might accurately show that a Qantas Club member is not entitled to use Galleries First (or the Concorde Room), but is entitled to use Galleries Club.

If a card was consulted, I find it hard to imagine that the lounge staff would not redirect the person to the Galleries Club lounge upstairs, in the same way that they routinely redirect Club passengers and Silver/Sapphire card holders upstairs; and (if this possibility reflects what actually happened) I would wonder whether we have been told the full story here.