FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX Citibank Cobrand card annual fees
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2004, 2:36 am
tedhl
Original Member

Programs: BA GGL, CX DM, AA LT GO, Marriott LT Titanium, Shangri-La DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cardiology:
[B]I disagree with Christep:
Why not you apply for a DBS Platinum (free annual fee) and also the same $4 for 1 mile for oversea charges AND 2 months interest free payment!
They only charge you once for every mileage conversion (I think is $150). Much better than paying the $900 annual fee.
</font>
agree...and, the best thing is, with DBS Platinum you get $4 = 1 mile for spending in mainland China as well (CX-Citibank doesn't consider mainland China as part of "overseas spending" in terms of giving double miles). Sometimes the merchant / mainland banks would charge DBS in HKD instead and 3x points won't post automatically - if that's the case, you just need to fax your original charge slip to DBS to show that you were charged RMB originally and they will give you the 3x points.

and, I think DBS Plat comes with Priority Pass too, and CX-Citibank doesn't. I think it's completely free for the first year, and for the 2nd year onward you need to spend a certain amount each month to maintain this benefit (otherwise you need to pay the per-visit fee).