FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's the *largest* rolling luggage that fits overhead on a CRJ200?
Old Oct 10, 2011, 7:55 am
DisneyDude

Programs: DL D & MM, Marriott P, Hilton S, UA, US, AA
Thumbs up CRJ O/H case

Originally Posted by thegasguru
I think the rate limiting factor is not the height or length, but the depth.

I got the Briggs & Riley Transcend 19inch. The big thing there is that it is only 7 inches deep - which I believe is the rate limiting factor on fitting it into the bins of the smallest RJs. I haven't had a chance to take it onto a CRJ200, yet...but when I do, I'll report back whether it fits overhead.

Does anyone else have any succes in getting a roller overhead in a CRJ200 size plane? I know there are some rolling briefcases that will fit, but I'm looking to one-bag it, while sparing the weight on my shoulder. As such, I need a bag that has a more open compartment, rather than a briefcase with a bunch of file folder subdivisions in it.

And just for the record...AGAIN...it's frustrating that I so many of my trips begin and end with a Barbie Jet CRJ to connect to ATL, and from there it's an airborn ocean liner the rest of the way. For those of us that can pack light enough not to have to check luggage, it's a hassle that I have to fit it down to the smallest common denominator overhead bin.
My Zuca-Pro (www.zuca.com) fits almost all CRJs (I did have a problem on an older SkyWest model). Zuca Pro in the o/h and computer bag under the seat in front no waiting at the gate after arrival. Saved my skin a couple of times on tight connections.