FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Recline Seat for Nine Hours?
View Single Post
Old Oct 8, 2011, 3:10 am
Non-NonRev
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
It does sound like the situation was bad, but then again, the person in front of you has a right to recline and not have you keep pushing his seatback around. It sounds like you also made it clear you would going to continue to disturb that passenger.
As much as I hate the "inconsiderate reclining passenger", and as uncomfortable as I personally find the reclined position, I'm afraid I have to agree with elitetraveler. The situation concerning right-to-recline is what it is, and I think that actively pushing on the seatback crosses a line that justified the FA's and purser's advisory statements concerning non-compliance with their requests (although personalized, overly-aggressive tone of language should have been avoided).

Given your medical history, and realizing the seating arrangements you were going to be facing on your selected flight, you really should have delayed your flying until suitable seating (an exit row in Y or a J seat) was available. No trip, no reason to travel, justifies risking your life. If you ignore risk factors in order to adhere to a schedule, then you must deal with the consequences. I'd much rather have you continue on FlyerTalk than have you dead (sorry if that's too blunt).