FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Room Reward only at certain properties - Major Devaluation of HH points
Old Oct 7, 2011, 11:43 pm
jasonvr

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Colin
I have recently noticed that several top properties (like Conrad Sanya, Hilton Moorea, Hilton Bora Bora) no longer offer Standard Room Rewards at Hilton.com. Instead, the entry-category room is pricing at Premium Room Reward pricing, which is several multiples more than the Standard Room Reward price.

For instance, Hilton Moorea, at 11 months out, is quoting the nightly rate for the entry KING GARDEN BUNGALOW POOL room at Premium Reward Room prices of around 100,000 points/night, instead of the proper 42,250 points/night VIP pricing for a 4-night stay.
I looked 2 years out at Bora Bora. 1 night 10/6/2013-10/7/2013. There was another thread talking about King rooms being Premium Rewards and the Twin Lagoon View was the only room type being reported as a standard room type. Now, even the Twin Lagoon View is listed as a Premium Reward - 161,361 pts per night. Similar story at Moorea. Twin Garden Bungalow Pool room is 103,638 pts per night. Both are these are the absolute base rooms at the properties.

I do not understand how Hilton can completely remove all standard room types at a hotel. Especially when properties like the ones at the Maldives can still offer standard rewards....

Ohhh, and always remember, Premium Room Rewards are an enhancement to your HHonors experience