FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2 Capital One cashback cards: Business 2%, Personal 1.5% [Card names change]
Old Oct 6, 2011, 5:05 pm
hook

Capital One Cash - inital set up a pain in the #$$ - suggestions?

So we get the card (since we are cancelling the old Schwab 2% card soon). We tell them husband travels for a living - pilot. I charge here in the US while he charges one day in Paris, next in Dubai etc etc. The CSR wants us to list countries and dates for all trip. are u kidding!!!! The schedule changes monthly and sometimes changes mid trip, and he has no phone service over there only internet. And the dates are in zulu time. Do they not have an extended travel mode like Citi or FIA/Schwab that "tones down" the constant fraud alert because of these kinds of charges which are typical for his profession? What do card companies do for you folks that travel abroad a lot? His corporate card (which cannot be used for restaurants and personal use) has no problem and never gets declined.

I also started setting up reoccurring bills. First did AT&T, then tried to do others. They immediately blocked the card and called us since AT&T pinged them for $1. I told them what I was doing (not exactly unusual for setting up a new card, right?) and they said they opened it back up but they didnt and I had to call AGAIN...hope this is not indicative of the service I will get.

Sure the forex fee is 0% - maybe because they will constantly decline everything and we will never be able to charge anything. Anyone got any advice?