FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Barclays Travelocity Amex Offer - 20k points ($400 travelocity.com credit)
Old Oct 6, 2011, 8:40 am
AUDirt

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I already have this card with a no-longer available earning option. This is the simplest and greatest rewards credit card I've ever had.

Basically, redemption works like this:
  • Create a new travelocity.com account and link your new Travelocity Amex card to your profile
  • Log onto Travelocity.com and shop as normally.
  • At checkout, there will be a new box present that says, "Redeem Points".
  • Check the box and you will get a drop-down allowing you to decide how many points to redeem and how much cash you will get back.
  • Your credit card will get charged for the full amount of your trip, then you will receive a separate credit for the amount of the points you redeemed.

The thing I love about this card is that you can pay with cash and points. Lets say I have a flight that comes out to $425. I can choose to redeem 20k points ($400 credit) and then pay the remaining $25 out of pocket. This is way better than some other programs, like USBank, that require you to pay for the ticket entirely with points or entirely with cash.

The only downside some people might run into is that Barclays is stingy with their credit lines. There's another thread on the board devoted to this card and posters there have complained about only getting credit lines of $500 or $1000. This isn't a problem for me, but my credit score is darn near perfect.

All in all, this is the best card I've ever had. No joke.