FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GA refused to upgrade me
View Single Post
Old Oct 5, 2011, 8:39 pm
teddybw

Programs: UA 1K, A3 GLD, AC ELT; AA EXP | SPG PLT, PC PLT, Hilton GLD, Hyatt PLT | National EXEC, Hertz 5*
Thumbs down GA refused to upgrade me

Long story short, I ranked #1 on upgrade list when 1 seat open 32 minutes before scheduled departure, but GA gave to the guy ranked #2 on the list that time.

I had to standby for a flight to compensate the missing time at destination due to schedule change. I asked GA 5 minutes before boarding when 10+ seats open, but GA refused to clear standby that time. So I went to RCC to add myself on the upgrade list and ranked #1. 2 minutes before boarding, GA called to the guy ranked #2 and gave him the last FC BP. I complained, but her supervisor aside insisted I would not get the UDU even though I ranked #1.

I did similar things before. But that time GA cleared me first for standby in order to updrade me. This time the GA not only broke the rules to clear upgrade list 2 minutes earlier, but also refused to clear my standby first. I was mad

Which list should clear first, upgrade list or standby list? I have the agent ID and her supervisor's name. What should I do?