FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].
Old Oct 2, 2011, 9:43 pm
Tim O'Brien

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by thesilb
I am not very familiar with Amex so I apologize in advance if my questions are novice.

We have two Mercedes on leases coming up for renewal, want to lease two new Mercedes and I am trying to figure out the best strategy. I assume probably the best strategy is just to apply for 2x $475 cards. But is there any concept of a $175 per year second member on one of these cards? I don't see any mention of it, though above some people have said these are "just like" regular platinum cards which I know do have the $175 extra user feature.

But even if this feature were available on this card, what does an "extra user" get? Another $1,000 Mercedes certificate? That seems too good to be true. Before I pull the trigger on 2x $475 applications, just want to get a reality check on best strategy. Thank you!
you can also join the Mercedes Benz Club of America, and after twelve months for $45 membership fee, you become a member in good standing and get a $1,000 discount certificate off the purchase or lease.

http://www.mbca.org/benefit/2011-loy...rds-program-us