FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New San Francisco Restaurant: Twenty Five Lusk
Old Oct 2, 2011, 10:22 am
jspira

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
New San Francisco Restaurant: Twenty Five Lusk

Recently, I had the opportunity to try out Twenty Five Lusk, a new restaurant in San Francisco which you might not necessarily stumble upon unless someone tells you about it. In my case, a friend of mine from Germany told me about it while we were at a meeting in Montana.

It was a wonderful dining experience and I'd strongly encourage you to visit.

My colleague Shannon McClatchey wrote a review of Twenty Five Lusk so I wanted to share it as well as some photos I took of the experience. Using my photos, there are multimedia presentations of the entire meal as well as of the restaurant itself on page two:

Twenty Five Lusk, San Francisco, California – Restaurant Review

Ask someone where Lusk Street is in San Francisco and they would probably shrug their shoulders. In fact, I’ve probably walked past this street a dozen times, but this quiet alley in the China Basin neighborhood hides an amazing dining experience.

From the outside the building could be yet another non-descript rehabbed warehouse. With the $15M renovation of this 1917 meatpacking and smokehouse facility the architects have managed to keep the historical elements while adding modern design comforts. There are also some nice touches that are a reminder of the building’s historic past. Walk downstairs in the bar and you’ll see three Scandinavian-style fireplaces suspended from the ceiling and the cozy, semi-private spaces that were once smokehouse rooms. If the design is reflective of melding the old and the new, the menu from Chef Matthew Dolan puts a distinctly California take on modern American classics.

The offerings include a seasonal tasting menu that’s updated weekly.
<SNIP>
Atticle continues here