FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holiday Inn Kandooma -- Maldives
View Single Post
Old Oct 2, 11, 10:18 am
globalste

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by laffertyb View Post
Has anyone had experience upgrading to all inclusive staying on points? (price etc)
I am staying here with Mrs Globalste in December over Xmas and asked the very same thing, I also asked about upgrades as a platinum.

I basically got the following response, plus a load of standard waffle and I think she forgot to put anything about the all-inclusive so I will write back again and ask. Hope this helps some people:

Dear Globalste,

Thank you for getting back to us. We were trying to reach you earlier to provide you all necessary information ( it is booked on points through my account with all my email etc in it). The room category which is available on PCR for club reward points will be Garden View Beach House only and we would be able to upgrade on extra cost only.

Due to the island nature of the resort we may require your arrival flight details for us to coordinate the speedboat transfers from airport to the resort (i included these in the email). Speedboats ferry you across the turquoise waters from Malé International Airport to our contemporary resort hotel in just 40 minutes.

Regrettably, we do not provide a complimentary Airport Transfer Service, however we are happy to advise and recommend our schedule run transfer as per flight details. You may want to have Private transfers that can be arranged as well and available upon request subject to availability. This service provides a convenient pick-up and drop off service directly to the resort.

Shared Transfers:
Boat transfers from Airport to resort and/or Resort to Airport will be at US$183.00nett per Adult, child under 12 years will be charged at US$US$113.00nett. (Inclusive of 10% Service Charge and 3.5% GST Tax)

Private Transfers:
Private Speedboat Transfers (max 4 Guests) USD 446.00 ++, per boat per way (Subject to 10% Service Charge and 3.5% GST Tax)
Private Speedboat Transfers (max 8 Guests) USD 796.00 ++, per boat per way (Subject to 10% Service Charge and 3.5% GST Tax)

Airport Directions
Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma airport representative will be waiting for you at the exit outside the arrival hall with Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma signage. If you have any inconvenience locating our Kandooma staff, please contact Reservations at +960 664-0511

Bed Tax
Priority Club will pay Bed Tax for the member who is entitled for redemption only. Extra persons travelling with the member will be charged at a rate of US$8.00 Bed Tax per person per night.

In addition to rooms reservation we are pleased to inform you that on the 31st Dec, we will have a Gala Dinner. Please refer to the following Festive Season compulsory meal rates for your kind information:

Year 2011
Adult Price
Christmas Eve & Day Dinner 24 & 25 Dec 2011 US$ 107net/Adults
New Years Gala Dinner 31 Dec 2011 US$ 155net/Child

Child Price
Christmas Eve & Day Dinner 24 & 25 Dec 2011 US$ 85net/Adults
New Years Gala Dinner 31 Dec 2010 US$ 115net/pax/Child

Meal Charges for Meals:-
Meal Charges/ Restaurant
Adults
Breakfast
US$20.75nett
Buffet Lunch at Kandooma Cafe
US$33.00nett
Buffet Dinner at Kandooma Cafe
US$45.00nett
*Meal rates for children under 12 years free of charge, and children above 12 years charged at adult meal rate.

We hope you find the above information helpful. We are looking forward to welcoming you as our guests to Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any further queries or arrangement to make your stay a memorable one.
I take it that an upgrade on points is a real bonus, or are these guys really tight-fisted? I thought it was part of being a platinum/gold, it has usually happened on my previous stays...