FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Exhausted FA's build 'fort'
View Single Post
Old Oct 2, 2011, 8:27 am
masonp123

Programs: AA EXP & million miler
Originally Posted by cynicAAl
I love fort building, do that with my nieces all the time. We're going to FCO next month in J. How do I request the "fort crew" to work my flight ?
It really was quite an operation - carts were 'linked' and it really looked impenetrable from pax side (except for clambering over the top of the whole assembly).

Have no idea what was going on in the row 17 crew rest seats.

There were exactly 0 FA's on duty at the time I did my lav run - or if any were on duty they were hiding in the fort and were unobservable.

I'm not extremely traveled, but have been on probably 50+ int'l trips the last 2-3 years or so, very few in Y, the majority in AA J and a decent number on UA J and this crew (J only, didn't observe Y and no F on this plane) was on-the-go from the moment boarding started until everybody passed out. I have never seen a more coordinated, active and solicitous group. I'm serious about sending out a complimentary email leaving out the 'fort' issue. I do agree its not a good thing, but in every other way they were the most outstanding team (and they really were a team) I've ever experienced.