FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please help with advice on the best deal for a long LA visit!
Old Oct 2, 2011, 5:26 am
UltraRider

Please help with advice on the best deal for a long LA visit!

Guys, I know I don't post a lot, but this forum has been a wonderful source of information to me and I really appreciate all the hard work and contributions of the Mods and many members who make it such a wealth of information.

In the past when I needed advice, I searched and found what I needed and didn't intrude or bother anybody, but this time I really need some help.

I fly out of Philly and visit my daughter, who is ill, in LA as often as I can.

This time I have to leave unexpectedly in just a few days, and I'll be staying much longer than usual while she has some tests and possible procedures done. I'm not a wealthy guy by any standard, but I do thank God for what I have, a loving and supportive family.

The reason I am posting is that I desperately need to control my expenses and have to rent a car for three weeks while there. As long as it has an automatic transmission it works for me. I may need to be able to have a usable back seat since her grandmother might also arrive and if so I need to be able to transport her around too, but that's not definite.

I have been using Avis in the past but will use whatever company will give me the best deal, of course. But I need a great AWD code or whatever will hammer the price down to where I can better manage this nightmare.

PLEASE, please help!!!! I would be forever in your debt!

I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place, BTW! It's just that i have used Avis before, so I thought why not here? But if it should be somewhere else, I'll be happy to move it, Thanks so much!