FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2 Capital One cashback cards: Business 2%, Personal 1.5% [Card names change]
Old Oct 1, 2011, 10:34 am
Mediahound

Programs: AMEX Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by steves
I too am replacing my Schwab card - I am so sad this card is ending. I decided Cap One was the way to go and applied yesterday on line.....my concerns.....

No acknowledgement of my application - I had to call today to find out if I really applied. I should state that my credit is such that I usually get a card with too much credit limit for my needs and have no debt.

I also wish to autopay as I pay in full each month - I could not get an answer to this question when I called - I also had noted the website AutoPay comment.

I check my account weekly to make sure everything is alright - I think posting pending charges is very important - I will need to drop the card if that isn't available.

I was amazed in the last day that with all the commercials on TV that the level of info and service was as little as it was. I almost felt as if the company was looking for people to apply - but willing to let those concerned with all these little details get frustrated and opt out. Maybe they just want those that carry a balance as customers and this is a sneaky way to weed out those of us who use the card for convenience instead of floating a loan?
I've been using this card for a couple of weeks now and really like it. They credit the cash back immediately and you can cash it in whenever you want, no waiting for any thresholds if you dont want to. They also give the $100. bonus as soon as you've spent $500. You don't even have had to make a payment yet to get the cash back, unlike other cards.

There is no pending transactions feature on their website however.

Last edited by Mediahound; Oct 1, 2011 at 12:12 pm