FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Budget required to honor a quoted web site rate?
Old Oct 1, 2011, 7:13 am
Cygnet

Budget required to honor a quoted web site rate?

This has probably been asked before (did a quick search of the forum, but couldn't find a direct answer), so sorry for asking again, but is there any requirement that Budget honor a "confirmed" rate reserved through their web site?

I just booked an intermediate out of LAS for next wk at the base rate of $15 for the whole wk, final total of $58 w/taxes+fees-Costco discount. That's not per day, but for the entire rental! Other models (i.e. economy) on the same page were running $142+ base for the same period. Obviously, this is an incredible rate...so I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Don't want to get to Vegas and have the agent say my rate is really 10x or more higher.

Yes, I have a confirmation hardcopy and an email acknowledgement showing the low rate. And yeah, I'll probably book a backup with another company, just in case, and will keep checking to see if Budget changes the rate on my res. But it would be nice to know if I just got an early jackpot, or if the Vegas mob runs Budget, and I've just been suckered...