FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Guilin China [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:04 am
onfo

Recent Stay (9/2011)

I recently stayed at the Guilin Sheraton for a night on C+P as a Gold member. The rooms are fine (typical Sheraton rooms but well-renovated). I was put on the 5th fl which is apparently an SPG floor though I don't know what the differences are other than a couple bottles of water. I was told I would have a river view, but I actually faced the pool, so I can't comment on how river views look.

Other Gold amenity was the choose one option (welcome drink/fruit, internet in-room, or dry cleaning) at check-in. I went for the welcome drink/fruit. The fruit was great, and I got a coupon for a beer at the lobby bar.

The location of the hotel is great - especially for one night as there are plenty of restaurants and shopping within an easy walk.

If you, like I did, have an early morning flight, I suggest you mention it the night before to the front desk / concierge so that a taxi may be ordered as you'll have to allow 45 minutes or so to reach the airport. It is also worth reconfirming this. I asked for a taxi at 5:45 AM, but when I checked-out at that time, the order hadn't been placed. I had to wait an additional 25 minutes before a taxi arrived which, at that hour, is less than desirable.

Overall, though, a nice stay.