FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - If prices were about the same would you rent from Budget or Avis?
Old Sep 27, 2011, 6:47 pm
traveler4ever

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I've had some really disappointing experiences with Budget. They can be a bit cheaper, but you get what you pay for. One experience I had was once I was traveling back from Maine with my sister in a Budget Volkswagen Passatt (?) The handle to open the gas tank was inside on the driver's door. I pulled the handle and it broke! Could not open the gas door! Drove from Maine to Providence with my sis, freaking out! The gas gauge said I had three miles left of gas when I pulled into the TFGreen airport location to swap the car out. The guy there says "I won't charge you because you are bringing the car back empty" Well, Duh, Thank you! I had to swap the car out, just to return the new one the next morning. Very, very frustrating. Avis seems to have power windows, etc. on their cars, whereas Budget's cars seem to be manual. If the price difference is considerably lower at Budget, I still go Budget....