FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Starwood, Marriot or Hilton in Nov?
View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2011, 9:17 am
ILuvParis
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by travelmom4
It's time to take my daughter on her "12 year old weekend away with Mom and Dad" and she has chosen Chicago. She doesn't want to wait so we're going in mid November. I have hotel points and am looking for the best location, value for my points and fun factor combination.

We would usually plan to walk everywhere but the cold might limit our range. Therefore, I'm looking for a centrally located hotel. We will mostly shop (Michigan Ave. and environs) and eat and spa (just have our nails done-I'm not that crazy). We may also take in a show or go to a museum but we can take a taxi where needed. Probably won't make it to the Navy Pier.

She likes a trendy hotel or one that is impressive in that grand old hotel sort of way so I am trying to balance that with convenience. I don't know the city well-any suggestions are appreciated.
Your best choices are the Hilton family. If you want a hotel in that "grand old hotel sort of way," you're best choices are the Palmer House Hilton or the Hilton Chicago. They are grand, old and beautifully renovated. The trendy place is the Wit (a Hilton) on State Street. For faded glory, the Drake (also a Hilton and on Michigan Ave.). The Starwoods and Marriott are all modern convention hotels. The weather will not be cold enough to limit your range unless you don't have coats. The Marriott has the best central location but none of these hotels is going to be distant from the things you want to do.