FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Points Transfer Question - What's Everyone Doing?
Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:58 am
garykung
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Me? Everything with a little advance.

Originally Posted by DGNY
Just got an email a couple of days ago from CO re: Amex.

"The OnePass program will formally end on Dec. 31, 2011, followed by a wind-down period during the first quarter of 2012. Following the wind-down period, we will replace your OnePass reward miles — including your Membership Rewards® transfers — with an equivalent grant of MileagePlus® award miles."

If this is the case, why would there be a rush to convert to points, unless you know that you'll need them between now and first quarter. Sounds like a new program will start up to convert Amex points to MileagePlus miles.
This rush is after the end of this moment, you can't transfer anything from AMEX to CO.

So for AMEX MR to M+, you will need to transfer to CO first (until the end of this moment), then transfer in between United Continental Holdings.

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
How many of you are strongly considering cancelling your Plat card, or downgrading to Gold? (sorry if there is another thread that covers this.)

Obviously, this is the crowd that values AMEX for their relationship with CO (and now UA).

Just curious if a lot of people are going to bolt when we lose MR transfer to CO and UA lounge access.

How many here would switch to the Presidential Plus card, with similar benefits plus UA points earning and UA lounge access?

Regarding the original topic: I only have about 30K MR points right now (and way too many UA/CO miles), so I will just leave them where they are.
Don't downgrade - get a new one. At least you can earn some bonus MR back