FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SSSS (Secondary Security Screening Selection) on Boarding Pass (policy debate thread)
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:49 pm
jiejie

Programs: various
Originally Posted by flitcraft
My favorite SSSS experience happened some years back. I was flying from Tampa to Seattle, with a change of planes in Dallas....<snip>
Had a similar experience a few years ago but different treatment. Was flying NW to a make an evening dinner in Dallas JAN-MEM-DFW outbound one morning, back the next (yes I know the hard way, but I was trolling for a final few WorldPerks miles to make a status level). No problem JAN-MEM, then the next segment went MX. Auto-rebooked me to a NW flight leaving a few hours later MEM-DTW (!) -DFW which was unacceptable as I'd miss my Dallas event and invoked Trip in Vain. They put me on AA flight leaving less than an hour later. At AA gate/service desk, agents spit out a new boarding pass with....SSSS on it. I complained and they just said "aw, ignore it and just board, it's ridiculous that this sort of situation produces one of these things." ^