FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Combining two cheap tickets - is this allowed?
Old Sep 21, 2011, 5:05 pm
jmbfrance

Originally Posted by NickB
It is not so much nested tickets as back to backs which are the issue. IIRC, Delta explicitly disallows back to back ticketing in its CoC but, afaik, no other airline does (although some terms could arguably be considered as implicitly referring to such practices).
You are right, Nick, I understand your point.

The big difference is that "legal" (I mean perfectly normal in the Company point de vue as well) nested ticket is the obvious side trip.

Another exemple : you fly ORY/LCY on wednesday (meeting in London), your return being EDI/CDG on next monday night because you have another meeting there (at EDI). You are on vacation thursday and friday, you fly to AMS, return to EDI sunday evening. I don not see any problem.

A ORY FDF return with a FDF ORY inside sounds funny because it's pretty obvious you screw the rules, but IMHO not illegal.

DL exemple : you fly CDG HNL, two weeks, and want to spend the middle week end at SFO. I suppose DL will not ask any question if you book these two tickets.