FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:46 am
blindman

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
To summarize:

It seems that Quebec was providing IHG with rates that were refundable even though on IHG.com had lowere non-refundable rates. Quebec's submission was accepted as he had found a lower refundable rate on a 3rd party site and IHG did not require him to use the apparently lower priced non-refundable rate on IHG.com when making the comparison.

However, Blindman reports that IHG would not permit him to match a refundable rate on IHG.com with a 3rd party site when there was a lower non-refundable rate on IHG.com. Nevertheless, when he found a lower non-refundable rate on a 3rd party site, IHG.com made him first edit his IHG.com rate to one that was non-refundable and then they matched the lower non-refundable 3rd party rate.
Not quite right:- My initial refundable rate from the third party was STILL cheaper than their non refundable one, so I was advised to change the IHG rate to qualify for thr BRG.

Is this correct, folks?

If so, there already appears to be an inconsistency regarding the matching the lowest rate available on IHG.com.

All agree?

PS -- Goonerfish -- I don't know the particulars of your match -- was there a lower non-refundable rate on IHG.com?
I think the key T&C is that

A guest must book the lowest available hotel room rate through the Best Available rate search
Another T&C that IHG seem to work to their advantage is

Non-refundable rates cannot be claimed at a lower price with a refundable rate on a third-party Web site.
Unless of course THEIR non refundable rate is lower than the 3rd party refundable one!

Last edited by blindman; Sep 21, 2011 at 11:52 am