FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lost Luggage by New Zealand Airlines
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2011, 7:32 am
UAPremExecflyer
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Tim Handley
Today NZ Air lost my luggage en route to the Rugby World Cup. It is a disaster because i have rare early product samples and all my warm clothes in that bag. I also have 6 rugby jerseys are in that luggage - the cost is pretty high. They offered me a mere NZ$100 in compensation if they can't return my bag to me. I just heard that 9 hours after arriving in Wellington, they still don't have my bag. I'm screwed! My whole trip to NZ is ruined and wasted.

Let this be a warning for anyone else out there who is traveling to NZ, rather choose a direct flight to an NZ destination that take NZ Air.
Sorry to hear about your apparent troubles.
Are you sure it's Air NZ that misplaced your bag? Were you on a non-stop NZ itinerary, or did you start somewhere with a different carrier?
Also, if your early product samples are so rare why were they in your checked baggage?
Given the apparent value of your samples, did you purchase travel insurance for the trip?
As a data point, airlines lose/misplace bags all the time due to a variety of factors. Despite your experience, I don't think it's indicative overall of Air NZ's service and don't see it as a warning not to use the carrier.