FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jobs That Are In Animal Field And Require Travel
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:36 am
Jenbel
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
One of the people on my first degree wanted to become a wildlife cameraman - he was already a terrific photographer, had won competitions as a teenager (BBC Wildlife Junior section, which is probably about the best nature photography comptition in the UK), got the most amazing kingfisher photographs by building a hide, a perch and then staking them out for four weeks one summer

In his third year, he was offered an apprenticeship at the BBC Wildlife Unit, working with a well known cameraman. Walked away from his degree without a second thought (although he did get an ordinary). Now works in Africa, filming several of the programmes based in East Africa (Big Cat Diary and the like), and usually turns up on any of the big amazing BBC series involving David Attenborough.

But his entire life was focussed on getting into that field - and I'm very pleased for him he made it, he was an amazing photographer. I cheer him every time I see his name on the credits