FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guy Betsy goes solo
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2002, 11:24 am
R&R

It is hard to know what is 'gastronomically correct' these days! But how did the Czar have his cavier? We learn many of our habits from watching TV and movies. I think using all the trimmings to cut the taste of less then fresh or inexpensive fish eggs is not unacceptable.

The nutritional value increases with the varied amino acids contained in the eggs. Of course, egg yolk contains all of the vitamins, while the amino acids are split between the yolk and the egg white!

Does anyone besides myself wonder what happened to the raw egg, that was served in the Tempura dip/sauce, when Japanese food first showed up about 30+ years ago? Recently, I have been served a raw egg with Japanese dishes in several Japanese restaurants. Sukiyaki is one of them that has the raw egg added, but it cooks in the hot broth. From a nutritional standpoint, it is a good idea.
Cavier is raw fish eggs and maybe one of the most viable proteins to be consumed. Shame it costs so much and so difficult to get the best quality. Goes best with a fine vodka. Not sure the vodka is good for the protein.

[This message has been edited by R&R (edited 06-18-2002).]