FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can I register one credit card for multiple dining programs?
Old Sep 18, 2011, 12:32 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
First, welcome to FlyerTalk!

Secondly, this question is better asked in the iDine/Rewards Network Forum (link), where this will ultimately be moved to.

AFAIK, once you register a card for a specific program in RN, you will invalidate it for any other programs you may have already registered it for , assuming it will allow you to do so. The only sure way to receive credit where you want it is to tie certain cards to specific rewards programs.

Not all of the restaurants are enlisted in every program - making assumptions about that can mean you could have earned for one, but used the wrong card.

As well, even if a restaurant accepts a card for payment, usually American Express, some restaurants will specifically exclude AMEX from rewards eligibility. Other caveats: some restaurants restrict which days you can earn rewards on, some limit rewards-eligible amounts (most limit $1,000 spend monthly, some $600 and some unlimited), and some restrict to one dine monthly. (A restaurant in my neighborhood just switched to once monthly after no day restrictions!)

Moral of the story: be aware you do not have credit card dupes in your dining programs, and occasionally drill down to restaurant level to determine which restrictions that restaurant imposes on rewards eligible dining.

Now - one CAN double dip! For example, use a Hilton AMEX card enrolled in the RN AAdvantage program and you can earn both HHonors points and AAdvantage miles. If you book it via an incentive booking organization like Open Table, you can triple dip and earn Open Table points as well. (We have a couple of Open Table 1,000 points places on the AAdvantage RN list and I really enjoy knowing I am earning rewards three ways. ^

Originally Posted by scokeski
Hi great site thanks for allowing newbies, first post.

I've done a bit of searching and couldn't find the answer:

I am enrolled in the southwest dining rewards program through SW

Today I enrolled in the delta dining rewards program, platinum visa delta etc.

After logging in the delta dining, it looks identical with the same restaurents listed and everything is the same. I registered only 1 card but the same card is registered for SW as well.

It's very confusing as the credits will be going to both programs, SW and Delta, or does one over ride the other? Will i get to double dip these?

Someone out there has got have come across this.

Thanks.