FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].
Old Sep 16, 2011, 1:18 pm
ma91pmh

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by thesilb
I just got my kit too. Like you, I have a lease flipping in the Spring and was looking forward to using the $1,000 voucher for my new lease. However, in reading the fine print, the way I read it is that if you meet the minimum spend threshold, they will send you a voucher at the end of 12 months (not when you meet the spend threshold, as I would have assumed/expected). This is really disappointing to me, of course, because by then I will have had to already re-lease some new car. So I guess I am losing this benefit entirely (at least until another 3 years, when I do my second next lease).
Good catch. You get it 6-8 weeks after the end of the Reward Year, which is defined as 12 billing periods in a row beginning with the one in which the anniversary of your Card Account occurs.

I will call in to try and expedite this as I'm not waiting 3.5 years to benefit from this. Failing expediting I may look at extending existing lease or swap into a short ending one on leasetrader